Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Some people are so stupid!

Ok...I usually don't like to rant on these blogs but I have to with this one. Today I was out walking Cheyenne and a stray dog ran up to us. This dog was a young, friendly pup and Cheyenne was actually wanting to play with him. I grabbed the dog's collar and guess what? No tags!!!! None what-so-ever! That just makes me so mad that people are that dumb. What idiot does not put tags on a dog in case it gets out or lost! So here I am a mile from the house, calling the base housing office and the only answer I get is "you'll have to call the ASPCA". Come on people, I am so shocked that security forces wouldn't have a microchip scanner to try and scan the dog and find its owners. So now what? Do I try and get the dog to follow me home? Do I just let it run off? By this time the dog ran off, so I didn't have to make that decision, but still. I am one of those over protective people. Not only does my dog have and ID tag, but a microchip tag, a rabies tag and a Delaware state license tag. It's not that hard people! I told my mother that if I see posters for a lost dog, I am going to call them and tell them what idiots they are.


So yes we are here in Delaware and unpacked. I just unpacked the last box today. Our house is starting to feel more like home. We've met a few neighbors and all seem pretty friendly. We have also discoverd where stuff is, like Target Walmart and Lowes all must haves. Cheyenne is doing well, although Jeff and I think we brought home a different dog. She is more playful now and actually letting people pet her. I guess we'll have to see if it sticks or not.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mariel and I are with you there, we have all the tags available for Cuervo, including the micro chip. We got that as soon as we could.